NOAA Workforce Management Office
Serving NOAA's Most Valuable Asset - People
CIYA Awards are an excellent tool for rewarding and encouraging continued hard work from employees.
A CIYA award should be used in cases where higher-level awards, such as Honor, Special Act, and Administrator's Awards, are not appropriate. CIYA Awards may be appropriate in situations such as:
- completing a short-term project or significant milestone in less time than expected or when unusual difficulties had to be overcome;
- developing new or revised procedures or other contributions toward improving office productivity;
- handling an unusually heavy workload, e.g., because co-workers are absent;
- completing a significant special assignment that is outside normal job responsibilities;
- planning a special event that is particularly successful.
- All NOAA employees are eligible to receive CIYA Awards with the exception of the following:
- Presidential Appointees (advice and consent of Senate)
- Senior Executives
- NOAA Corps Officers
- Volunteers or Private Citizens
Values and Limitations
- Recipients may receive awards in net amounts of $100 - $1000 in increments of $100.
employee, as an individual or part of a group, may not receive more than $2,000 in CIYA Awards per calendar year .
Submitting a Nomination
- Nominations may be made by supervisors on the Recommendation for Recognition Form (CD-326) – instructions for completing the form are available on the second page of the form
- The form must be signed by the nominating official, the rating official (if different from the nominating official), and an approving official with delegated authority for approving CIYA Awards
- Send an email with the subject line: "CIYA – Last Name of Recipient" to Awards@noaa.gov, with the CD-326 form attached. CIYA Awards will be processed during the second week of each pay period within 48 hours of receipt.
Page last edited: December 27, 2016